Wednesday 29 August 2018

Dalesman by Claud Butler. 531st.

1982ish Claud Butler Dalesman. Reynolds 531ST & a big 24.5" frame.

Came with North Road bars & short reach stem. My first thought is to revert back to drops for this Traditional English Tourer.

Out for a test ride once I got the gears & brakes connected...
Not as big as I thought it was. Fits me well: ) But just a little close on the Nutcracker Suite area...  Stand-over I mean.

Bar wrap? Not leather, but rubber: )
Front end is temporary until I get the correct stem.
This might be better with straight bars.

Looks a bit mad right now, but I want to see how it rides, check bar positions,etc.
Watch this space.

That fat saddle is definitely sacked.

Saturday 1st September.


Here with new SR stem.
Bars need dropping, saddle levelling & that drooping rack looks sad!
Pedals need changing also....

Stronglight Compact Double is excellent. 44 & 30 front, 14  28 rear gives a range of :


29 to 85" is broad for a 7 speed tourer, & could go lower with a MegaRange block, for example...

No comments:

Post a Comment